Area Operations Accounting Analyst
$32.25 - $43.00 Hourly
Interacts, responds, and coordinates with District departments, acting as a liaison between various operational departments and Finance to facilitate effective financial information processing. Expedites, assists, trains and validates various accounting functions initiated by other departments including opening/closing work orders and billing/payment requests. Researches, analyzes and resolves problems, ensuring the timely and accurate processing and maintenance of financial transactions, sub ledgers and financial reporting. Supports the District’s strategic priorities, in particular responsible cost and fiscal management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Associate of Technical Arts Degree in Accounting, AND
- Two (2) years progressively more responsible accounting experience.
- Associate of Arts Degree in an Engineering related field, AND
- Two (2) years related engineering, business, or marketing experience or applicable technical education.
- The equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- Valid Washington State Driver License
- Experience using automated accounting software including integration, report writer and query capabilities.
- Construction project; cost accounting and/or plant asset accounting.
- Basic construction standards and methods, design standards.
- Basic technical aspects of utility work.
- Washington State Sales Tax and B&O Tax application.
- Knowledge of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and National Association of Regulatory Utilities Commissions (NARUC) uniform system of accounts.
- Knowledge of or experience with SAP.
In addition to a competitive compensation program, Snohomish County PUD #1 offers a comprehensive benefits package. More details can be found at: www.snopud.com/benefitoverview.
Fully complete the online application at careers.snopud.com by no later than August 9, 2020. A full job description is available on the website.
Snohomish County P.U.D. #1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Disabled and Veterans.