Equipment Operator - Pool
$40.70 / Hour
We have an Equipment Operator vacancy to fill currently and anticipate having additional vacancies open up over the next twelve (12) months. This recruitment is to establish a pool of qualified Operators that we may draw from over the next year.
A person who operates all District equipment vehicles used in the installation and maintenance of transmission and distribution systems. Essential job functions include: Ensuring and maintaining alignment with District safety values and priorities; Operation of all types of District Equipment including, but not limited to, underground puller, chipper, digger/derrick, backhoe, field generators, concrete cutters, air compressors, dump trucks, small cranes, jack hammers, compactors, pavement rollers, aerial lifts, etc. in a safe and efficient manner; Driving District vehicles and transport loads with or without trailers in tow; Performing all ground/helper duties when needed; and Following applicable safety rules contained in the District’s Accident Prevention Manual, OSHA, and Washington State Electrical Workers Safety Rules.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
License or Certification:
- Valid Washington State Driver License
- Valid current Washington State Commercial Driver License (Class A) within six (6) months from job start date
- Subject to DOT regulatory random drug testing upon obtaining Commercial Driver License
- Obtain valid CPR and First Aid certificates within three (3) months from job start date
- Successfully pass the Equipment Operator test (testing is tentatively scheduled for mid to late June)
To Apply: Interested individuals should complete the online application and submit cover letter and resume at https://careers.snopud.com/ by 11:59 p.m. May 21, 2019. A full job description is available on the website.
Snohomish County PUD #1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Disabled and Veterans.